Litigation Manage Pty Ltd t/a Accomplish Legal is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- In acting for you, we may collect certain personal information including:
(a) your name, address and contact details;
(b) information about your business or personal circumstances; and
(c) information about particular commercial transactions.
- As much as possible we collect this information from you personally. In some circumstances, we may collect an individual’s personal information from third parties, including from publicly available sources. If so, we will notify you that such information has been collected and tell you where we got the information from.
- Personal information collected about you is only used or disclosed to provide the legal services you instruct us to provide, and for purposes, related to the provision of the legal services, in respect of which you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information. We also collect personal information so that we can communicate new legal or firm developments, including advertising new products or services that we offer, to our clients and to those people who have subscribed to our website, alert services or mailing lists.
- We do not use your information for any other purpose without your consent. However, we reserve the right to use or disclose your information where required or permitted by Australian law or a court order.
- Accomplish Legal takes all reasonable steps to ensure that any information we hold about you on paper, electronically or in any other form is stored securely.
- If we are no longer required to keep part or any of your information, it is securely destroyed.
- We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information we hold about you is complete and correct.
- From time to time we may use personal information that we have collected from you to provide you with information about our legal services which we expect to be of interest to you and to assist in marketing our firm. If you wish to opt out of such communications, you may contact us using the contact details set out below.
Website privacy issues
- Sometimes our website may contain links to other websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a website other than our website, Accomplish Legal is not responsible for the privacy policies of that site.
Access and correction of personal information
- Accomplish Legal will provide you with access to your personal information held by us unless there is a reason why we are not required to do so under the Privacy Act. You may at any time:
(a) request access to the information we have about you;
(b) seek correction to information we have about you; or
(c) make a complaint about an alleged breach by us of the APPs.
Inquiries and Complaints about Personal Information
- Accomplish Legal will endeavour to resolve any problems in relation to your personal information. Any inquiries and complaints should be addressed to:
Level 3, 480 Collins Street, MELBOURNE VIC 3000
- If we are not able to resolve any issues relating to personal information we hold about you, you may contact the Australian Information Commissioner. For further information please visit the Australian Government – Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Website at www.oaic.gov.au.